|Home>||Security||>Integrated Systems||>AMG Systems develops AMG510 Series Ethernet switch range|
|Home>||Security Matters||>Security Matters||>AMG Systems develops AMG510 Series Ethernet switch range|
AMG Systems develops AMG510 Series Ethernet switch range
19 June 2020
AMG SYSTEMS has launched the AMG510 Series of fully-managed Layer 2+ Ethernet switches for commercial network applications. Designed for 19” rack or desktop mounting, the new AMG510 Series range comprises 11 models including 10, 18, 26, 28, 32 and 52-port variants, with 30 W PoE+ and 10 GB options available.
Providing 100 Mbps, Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, the AMG510 Series provides the ideal solution for all Layer 2+ switching applications, the range incorporates powerful packet processors specifically designed to handle large volumes of traffic, with switching fabric up to 176 Gb per second and support for jumbo frames up to 9.6K bytes.
The 510 Series employs AMG’s virtual stacking technology that simplifies network configuration through a single web GUI interface. Users can easily configure and monitor all switches within a virtual stack, thereby eliminating the requirement for multiple browser tabs and the need to remember many IP management addresses. In addition, the AMG virtual stack can be used across all AMG510 Series models, even when installed in dispersed physical locations.
The new commercial grade managed switch range supports Rapid Spanning Tree, Multiple Spanning Tree and Ethernet Ring Protection Switching protocols for creating fully redundant networks. IGMP functionality is supported to handle multicast traffic, as is commonly used in IP CCTV deployments.
“Developed from the ground up for video intensive networks, the new AMG510 Series provides a cost-effective Ethernet solution for the reliable transmission of CCTV and data in commercial environments, such as airport terminals, university campuses or Shopping Centres,” explained Tom Exley, technical director at AMG Systems. “All models include industry-leading features such as AMG Systems’ virtual stacking technology that simplifies installation and network management through a single web GUI interface. Layer 3 static routing is standard on all models along with all other L2/L3 protocols that would be fully expected to manage and secure modern Ethernet networks.”
*View the AMG510 Series product video at https://www.amgsystems.com/support-and-downloads/videos
- Building owner pleads guilty to series of fire safety failings
- Facilities leaders discuss how to improve workplaces
- Landlord pleads guilty to fire safety breaches
- 21st Century workplace The Hudson protected by latest generation electronic security solutions
- Fire Standards Board launches twelfth professional Fire Standard
- Remit for CROSS-UK expanded to encompass reporting on fire safety
- Primer on PPE
- Businesses flock to support HSE workplace safety campaign
- Gallagher wins multi-year appointment as insurance broker for Bryland Fire Protection
- Grenfell driven by “agenda of deregulation” claims FBU legal representative
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- BT Redcare cashback offer
- SSAIB agrees training partnership with BT Redcare
- BT Redcare bolsters sales team
- Fire and Security Association names new chair
- Chain wrestling
- Intersec 2018 preview
- BSI revises security management guidelines
- Leading brands supporting new Security Event at NEC