|Home>||Security||>Integrated Systems||>Genetec assists organisations in monitoring occupancy levels during pandemic|
|Home>||Security Matters||>Security Matters||>Genetec assists organisations in monitoring occupancy levels during pandemic|
Genetec assists organisations in monitoring occupancy levels during pandemic
12 May 2020
AS MANY retailers and public venues set themselves to start re-opening in the coming weeks, the need to enforce physical distancing measures is critical. To help these organisations monitor their occupancy levels and ensure compliance with regulations, Genetec has unveiled a new Occupancy Management Package.
The Occupancy Management Package includes analytics and reporting tools that enable organisations to tap into their security system in order to count the number of people in a store or similar business area, visualise data and alert employees when occupancy limits are being reached.
Audit reports can also be easily produced to demonstrate a business’ compliance with the Government's physical distancing regulations.
With this new package, organisations can define policies that adhere to local guidelines for occupancy, as well as mobilise their operations to limit the risk of transmission. Live occupancy data is displayed via clear graphics. When occupancy limits are being reached, employees who are responsible for monitoring the situation can receive alerts on a mobile device, via e-mail or on their Security Center dashboard such that they can then take appropriate action.
“Public-facing organisations will be looking for ways in which to align their security measures in adherence with physical distancing regulations and, therefore, keep their members of staff and patrons safe,” said Rob Borsch, practice leader for retail and banking at Genetec. “In order to enforce these strict occupancy rules, they will need to do more than just count the number of people entering their premises. They will need to know how many people are inside a store or restaurant at any given moment, continuously monitor this data and be able take action when thresholds are reached.”
- Thomas Jensen appointed CEO at open platform VMS developer Milestone Systems
- Tough measures for tackling modern slavery in supply chains introduced by Government
- New Building Advisory Committee constituted by HSE
- Latest iteration of British Standard for domestic sprinkler systems published
- Terrorism not being included in majority of evacuation plans
- Crews praised following Aberdeen fire
- Empty council accommodation repurposed for fire safety trials
- Site hosting stolen credentials taken down
- BSI revises test method for fire performance of external cladding systems
- Exhibitor spotlight
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- BT Redcare cashback offer
- SSAIB agrees training partnership with BT Redcare
- BT Redcare bolsters sales team
- Fire and Security Association names new chair
- Chain wrestling
- Intersec 2018 preview
- BSI revises security management guidelines
- Leading brands supporting new Security Event at NEC