|Home>||Fire||>Risk Assessment||>Cory steps down as IFE CEO|
Cory steps down as IFE CEO
27 August 2019
DR GRAHAM Cory has resigned as chief executive officer of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
Dr Cory has held the post since 1 November 2017, having previously been CEO of The British Horse Society as well as roles in DEFRA and the Department of Transport. He was also recently a judge in the fire safety categories of the Safety & Health Excellence Awards.
The IFE board of directors has moved quickly to announce that it has appointed Roy Bishop OBE QFSM FIFireE as acting chief executive. He was formerly Deputy Commissioner of the London Fire Brigade and a Past International President of the IFE.
A statement from IFE said: "Roy will ensure that the current growth of members and interest in the Institution continues unabated, given there is greatly increased interest in professional competence and standards post the Grenfell tragedy."
- NCA statement on National Audit Office report
- Fatal fire caused by smoking materials
- Surrey firefighters vote for industrial action over Christmas
- Fire door issues “under-reported” suggest industry campaign organisers
- Prison officer injured at Long Lartin disturbance
- Firefighters agree to continue delivering Coronavirus response until end of September
- Series of Derbyshire arson attacks leads to sentencing of teenager
- Fire Industry Association announces provision of portal for EWS-1 Forms
- Kroll outlines Top Five tips for protecting against identity theft
- Prescot man charged with fraud offences related to cladding safety forms