|Home>||Fire||>Suppression||>Johnson Controls moves to acquire Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd|
Johnson Controls moves to acquire Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd
14 December 2021
JOHNSON CONTROLS, the specialist in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, has acquired the Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd, a specialist fire suppression business based in Cork, Ireland. The Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd provides Johnson Controls with a stronger presence in the region.
The acquisition follows Johnson Controls’ strategy of creating a full, end-to-end fire suppression across the whole of the UK and Ireland. The deal enhances Johnson Controls’ ability to provide fire suppression products and services in the Republic of Ireland, including access to “formidable” customer relationships established in the local pharmaceutical, healthcare, industrial and commercial sectors.
On a practical level, there will be no immediate changes to the day-to-day operation of the business. The intention is to provide clients with a “seamless transition” and a “continuity of high-quality” when it comes to both customer and employee experiences.
“The Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd is a well-run business which has developed long-lasting customer relationships over the last 40 years,” explained Sarah Dixon, general manager for fire suppression at Johnson Controls UK and Ireland. “This acquisition is a crucial milestone in delivering our strategy for fire suppression in this region.”
Dixon added: “The integration of both organisations will bring invaluable skills and important capabilities to Johnson Controls in the design and installation of sprinklers. We have a huge opportunity for growth by helping our customers meet fire safety and sustainability mandates over the coming years.”
Gabriel Brennan, managing director at the Provincial Sprinkler Company Ltd, responded: “Over the years, we’ve established a strong presence in the region and have also built up a client base about which we can be truly proud. Johnson Controls is a great fit for us. By joining with them we are able to expand our services and provide a wider range of products, leveraging our combined technical knowledge and delivery for customers in Ireland and beyond.”
Details underpinning the precise terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed.
- Door supervisor jailed for two years
- 'Threatening' security boss jailed
- FSM Golf and Networking Day to run at Celtic Manor Resort
- Government releases funding to replace unsafe cladding
- The Security Event 2019: Arup takes innovative approach to HS2 project security design
- Security Mentoring: Leveraging Personal Experience to Benefit Others
- Road safety initiative piloted at military bases
- The Security Consortium hosts inaugural Board meeting and Workshop
- AMG Systems develops AMG510 Series Ethernet switch range
- Architectural ironmongers make robust challenge to fire door testing proposals