|Home>||Fire||>Evacuation||>Fire Industry Association joins forces with Fire Safety Matters for emergency lighting webinar|
|Home>||Fire||>Risk Assessment||>Fire Industry Association joins forces with Fire Safety Matters for emergency lighting webinar|
Fire Industry Association joins forces with Fire Safety Matters for emergency lighting webinar
11 May 2021
THE FIRE Industry Association (FIA) has just announced its involvement in a free-to-attend webinar organised by Fire Safety Matters which is looking to shine a spotlight on bridging the gap between fire safety and emergency lighting systems.
The online event, which is sponsored by Advanced, takes place on Thursday 10 June 2021 at 10.30 am and will include a presentation from Ian Watts, chair of the FIA’s Emergency Lighting Working Group. The webinar is to be chaired by Western Business Media’s CEO Mark Sennett and also encompasses a detailed presentation from Matthew Jones, emergency lighting business manager for Advanced.
By law, most non-domestic buildings must have both fire protection/detection and emergency lighting systems installed. As public buildings and offices become increasingly complex in nature, it follows that their life safety systems must keep pace. While both fire systems and emergency lighting systems are essential for life safety, they’re currently treated as separate entities with no communication between the two.
This webinar will outline precisely why integrating fire safety and emergency lighting systems offers greatly improved protection for a building’s occupants in an emergency scenario. The hour-long event will cover a range of topics including automatic addressable emergency lighting test systems, integration with fire systems, the ability to apply cause and effect to emergency lighting and dynamic safety sign systems.
All attendees will be sent a Continuing Professional Development certificate by Fire Safety Matters thanks to the magazine’s special arrangement with the Institute of Fire Safety Managers.
*Register NOW for ‘Bridging the Gap between Fire and Emergency Lighting Systems’ by accessing this link: https://tinyurl.com/vtdk55un
- Bureau Veritas enhances ‘Restart Your Business’ service with new digital capabilities
- Fire Standards Board introduces seventh professional Fire Standard
- Call for Grenfell justice still unanswered
- Euralarm members “disappointed” over proposals for new CPR
- Gate Safe reports “strong response” to launch of distance learning module
- Hampshire appoints interim deputy chief fire officer
- Supreme Concrete “sets standard for compliance” with fire-rated lintels
- ICO launches dedicated toolkit to assist police forces in using data analytics
- Mitie given green light to deliver Royal London Group’s first integrated FM contract
- Prisons project gathers pace