BSIA announces new director of manpower
19 September 2019
THE BSIA has appointed John MacAskill as the new Director of Manpower & Export.
John has been promoted from his previous role at the BSIA and will now oversee the Manpower sections of the Association, as well being responsible for working with the Export Council and its external partners in promoting British security overseas.
His duties will include raising the profile in both sectors and developing new relationships and opportunities for its respective members.
John has over 25 years of experience in the industry, working in business development for Pointer Ltd and Connelly Security Systems both being BSIA member companies. He joined the BSIA in 2016 as Scottish Regional Representative, moving to Senior Business Executive before overseeing membership, guarding and export. John is also a member of the Institute of Leadership & Management.
Mike Reddington, chief executive, BSIA, said, “I am delighted that John MacAskill has accepted the position of director of Manpower & Export at the BSIA.
“As the voice of the professional security industry we are committed to developing the Association and the services we provide to our members, and this is reflected in this appointment which further strengthens our leadership team. John’s extensive knowledge of both sectors and his experience of working within the industry makes him an ideal candidate for this role.”
- Government consults on data protection fee exemptions
- Huge fire at hotel in Knightsbridge
- Stress is pushing officers to resign
- Former Surveillance Camera Commissioner Tony Porter appointed chief privacy officer at Corsight AI
- Government issues guidance on PI insurance scheme for EWS-1 assessors
- SmartWater Group launches National Intelligence Portal for tackling metal crime
- Videx introduces touch-free entry panels for helping businesses return to normal
- Pharmacy fined after “careless” storage of patient data
- FBU urges Prime Minister to deliver emergency funds in bid to protect London from £20 million fire cuts
- Home Secretary praises firefighters for tireless efforts during Coronavirus
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- Out of the gates
- Doorman in dock for using forged licence for five years
- BSIA calls for urgent clarity over regulatory regime
- Feeling secure - October 2017
- Disqualified director continued to offer security contracts
- Unlicensed security firm boss jailed for 32 months
- Fire and Security Association names new chair
- Suspended sentence for unlicensed door supervisor