|Home>||Fire||>Passive Fire Protection||>ASFP focuses on passive fire protection at The Fire Safety Event|
ASFP focuses on passive fire protection at The Fire Safety Event
04 April 2022
THE ASSOCIATION for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP), the UK’s leading Trade Association for passive fire protection, will be showcasing its range of training courses, guidance documents and membership services on Stand H30 in Hall 3a at the NEC in Birmingham when The Fire Safety Event runs from 5-7 April.
Several ASFP experts will be on hand to answer all of your passive fire protection queries, discuss the latest regulatory requirements and explain how the ASFP’s training courses can help to demonstrate competency.
The ASFP offers a range of courses, from classroom training through to education via its dedicated e-learning platform. Learners are able to study for the Institution of Fire Engineers’ Level 2 and Level 3 Certificates in Passive Fire Protection.
In addition, the ASFP will be hosting the Passive Fire Protection Conference at The Fire Safety Event. This brings together expert speakers from across the industry, with a different focus each day.
On Day One, there will be an investigation into how to introduce the requirements for the ‘golden thread’ of information when managing building fire safety. Day Two features discussions on different aspects of passive fire protection, including the presentation of Case Studies. The final day will consider competency and the vital importance of the correct design, installation and maintenance of passive fire protection.
Organised by the Nineteen Group, The Fire Safety Event – for which Fire Safety Matters is once again serving as Lead Media Partner – aims to provide easy access for facilities managers, contractors, services installers, ‘Responsible Persons’ and designers to advice, products, services and Best Practice in relation to ‘built-in’ fire protection.
Additionally, the show facilitates a forum for visitors to meet with ASFP representatives and member companies in order to improve their understanding of passive fire protection.
It’s a mandatory requirement for all ASFP member companies to demonstrate that a proportion of their employees have been suitably trained and/or have achieved appropriate qualifications in the discipline of passive fire protection. This provides assurance that ASFP members have the appropriate skills, competence and professionalism to deal with all passive fire protection needs.
*For further information about the ASFP visit www.asfp.org.uk
**To register online for The Fire Safety Event visit the dedicated show website
- ASFP to hold regional seminar at Headingley Carnegie Stadium
- ASFP updates online passive fire protection training
- ASFP opens nominations for 2022 Passive Fire Protection Awards
- ASFP to create Passive Fire Protection Arena at The Fire Safety Event
- ASFP organises September seminar on Building Safety Act 2022
- ASFP unveils shortlisted finalists for 2021 Passive Fire Protection Awards
- ASFP launches passive fire protection training
- ASFP expands top team
- ASFP outlines comprehensive plans for The Fire Safety Event
- ASFP launches e-Learning platform focused on passive fire protection
- Worry over passive fire protection in Scottish schools
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Blog for FSM website
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Passive fire protection critical for life safety
- From the editor
- Tall order
- School of thought
- Fire safety on the agenda in Scotland