Home>Fire>Fire and Rescue >Woman suffers burns in Penkridge

Woman suffers burns in Penkridge

15 October 2019

STAFFORDSHIRE FIRE and Rescue Service is urging members of the public to take care when using candles and oil burners following an incident in Penkridge.

A fire officer was called to Templers Way on 10 October to reports that a fire had started earlier in the day. 

The occupier was working with acetone nail polish chemicals in her home when she spilt the substance near an oil burner. A fire started and the woman attempted to extinguish it herself. 

The casualty was left with burn injuries to both hands and had to attend hospital for treatment. 

Station manager Gary Fox visited the property, he said, "This incident serves as a stark reminder to be careful with any candles or oil burners. This comes just days before Candle Safety Week (Monday, October 14). 

"It would appear that the woman’s injuries were life altering which could be the case when you attempt to tackle a fire yourself. Please, if you discover a fire do not attempt to put it out yourself, always get out, stay out, and call the fire service out."