|Home>||Security||>CCTV||>Thomas Jensen appointed CEO at open platform VMS developer Milestone Systems|
|Home>||Security||>Remote Surveillance||>Thomas Jensen appointed CEO at open platform VMS developer Milestone Systems|
|Home>||Security Matters||>Security Matters||>Thomas Jensen appointed CEO at open platform VMS developer Milestone Systems|
Thomas Jensen appointed CEO at open platform VMS developer Milestone Systems
25 August 2020
AFTER AN extensive search to find the right candidate to take on the role of CEO at Milestone Systems, the company’s Board of Directors has just announced Thomas Jensen’s appointment.
Jensen is an executive leader with a strong global footprint that includes P&L responsibility for international businesses in the software and hardware markets. He joins Milestone from Bechtle, Europe’s largest B2B IT service provider, where he served as executive vice-president and as a member of the Management Board.
Prior to this, Jensen was head of worldwide channel sales strategy for Hewlett-Packard based in Palo Alto, California where he drove global channel development. During the separation of Hewlett-Packard into HP Inc and Hewlett-Packard Enterprises, Jensen led the channel separation and was responsible for preparing the new strategy and organisation for the indirect revenue of HP Inc.
Before moving to the United States, Jensen served as general manager for Hewlett-Packard’s PC and Print division in Denmark.
Jensen has also held leadership positions at Vestas Wind Systems and Maersk Line. He holds an MSc degree in International Business Administration from the University of Aalborg and has completed the Executive Board Programme at INSEAD in France.
He has great experience of IT and general technology and an understanding for the dynamics of business communities, technology partners and integrators. People are at the core of Jensen’s leadership philosophy, which resonates well with Milestone Systems’ Scandinavian leadership values and ‘People First’ approach towards management.
Speaking about the appointment, Lau Normann Jørgensen (chairman of the Milestone Group) observed: “Milestone is a strong company with a strong leadership team. Adding Thomas’ broad experience in strategy and execution puts us in a great position to achieve our goal of long-term sustainable growth for our community partners and for Milestone Systems as a business.”
Jensen responded: “I’m very proud to become part of Milestone Systems. The company’s strong focus on people was crucial to me when I accepted the position and I’m determined to continue with this philosophy as CEO. Combine that with Milestone Systems’ influence in transforming how video technology is used, both in the security sector itself and new applications beyond the industry, and it’s the dream job for me.”
- HID Global acquires biometric firm Crossmatch
- Rebecca Lawrence appointed CPS chief executive
- BAFE and BSI announce “pioneering” third party certification for SP105 Scheme
- Retailers failing to take connective security seriously
- “Builders could be ‘gaming system’ to evade fire safety rules” asserts LFB Assistant Commissioner
- Counter-Terrorism Policing receives funding for “historic” Counter-Terrorism Operations Centre
- FBU slams NI fire cuts
- Corporate Manslaughter charges being considered for Grenfell fire
- Cyber criminals face new EU sanctions
- Takeaway owner's suspended sentence for fire breaches
- Surveillance camera commissioner contract extended
- Dahua signs distribution deal with ADI
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- Feeling Secure
- Smart home
- Playing by the rule - June 2017
- Feeling secure - June 2017
- Entries now open for the Safety and Health Excellence Awards
- Surveillance camera compliance passport launched