|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Protecting modern premises|
|Home>||Fire||>Evacuation||>Protecting modern premises|
|Home>||Fire||>Fire and Rescue||>Protecting modern premises|
Protecting modern premises
09 April 2019
AUTOMATION WITHIN the warehouse is becoming more challenging, and with lots of combustible materials inside, there are more opportunities for a fire than ever before.
Carl Bryan, UK managing director at Wagner, kicked off the seminars at The Fire Event at the NEC on the 9 April.
One fire prevention method that Carl outlined is to create a low oxygen environment. He said, “The closer you get to the ignition threshold, the smaller the fire will be and the more time we have after detection.”
The main risk in these spaces are electrical and OxyReduct creates a low oxygen environment 24/7.
Eurotech's Michelle Agius stayed on the theme of modern premises, but focused on modern buildings and how the end-user is specifying discrete and flexible fire detection.
Michelle said, “Regulations are very stringent in the fire industry, which does make it more difficult for new products to meet the requirements of the end user.”
According to Michelle, Eurotech's new flush, chic detector, is discrete and blends in.
The final speaker in this session was Craig Halford from Jactone Products. His focus was on small equipment risks in modern premises. Equipment that is left unattended, is electrically energised, near open flames or combustible material, or is poorly maintained, is a higher risk.
All three companies have stands at the Fire Event, so please stop by to discuss your fire prevention and detection requirements.
- Firefighters to protect vulnerable residents from the cold
- Mayor publishes latest update on Grenfell Tower
- Fire Service bosses guilty of “sabotage by inaction” claims FBU
- Marsolutions joins ATC
- Biometrics commissioner responds to AFR judgement
- Deliberate fires tally 200 daily
- Major fire leaves two injured and firm in the dock
- WMFS supports appliance registration
- Crime reduction exercise a success at Westfield
- Linx International Group partners with Security Event
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events