Advanced protects National Theatre
03 March 2017
INTELLIGENT FIRE panels from Advanced have been chosen to protect the world-famous National Theatre in London after an £89m redevelopment.
Located on London’s Southbank, the National Theatre has played host to some of the most important productions in British theatre, by some of the world’s most famous actors and directors. Opened in 1976 to provide the National Theatre company with its first permanent home, it is well known for its ‘Brutalist’ architecture.
The site includes three auditoria, the Olivier Theatre, Lyttelton Theatre and Dorfman Theatre. The National Theatre is open to the general public and is a focus for cultural activities on the Southbank and also includes a learning centre, restaurants, a riverside bar and bookshop.
The contract for the new fire system at the National Theatre was awarded to the team at Tri-Management, who specified a network of 12 MxPro 5 panels from Advanced. MxPro 5 is a multiprotocol fire panel range that Advanced says is reliable and easy to use. In total, 3,000 loop devices were installed on the MxPro 5 network, linked by 16.5 miles of cable. Detection included aspirating systems in the auditoria and stage areas, along with heat and smoke detectors elsewhere.
The Tri-Management team carried out the successful panel upgrade at the National Theatre in a single weekend with of all the programming and pre-planning done offsite. Advanced head of UK business development Amanda Hope said: “Our MxPro 5 panel range offers the performance, reliability and flexibility required by a site such as the National Theatre. The panels were part of a complete overhaul of the old system and the ability to have them installed in such as constricted time frame shows how versatile they are.”
National Theatre facilities service manager Mark Ward added: “The National Theatre is used by thousands of people every day for lots of diverse activities and we need a fire system that offers peace of mind to everyone. The Advanced system specified by Tri-Management provides the most up to date fire protection that can be easily expanded as we grow.”
More details can be found at www.advancedco.com
- Advanced showcases cutting-edge innovation
- System upgrade delivers ship-shape fire protection at HMS Belfast
- World heritage site gets Advanced fire protection
- Historic Eyemouth venue selects Advanced panels
- UK’s tallest residential tower protected
- Advanced set to offer fire safety guidance at UK Construction Week
- Advanced fire panels selected for site-wide system upgrade at major UK hospital
- Alnmouth Friary protected by intelligent fire panel from Advanced
- Advanced extends emergency lighting solutions with launch of EasySafe range
- Single-loop fire panel for EN markets launched by Advanced