Conference programme unveiled for SHW Live Manchester 2022
29 March 2022
THE INAUGURAL edition of Safety, Health and Well-Being (SHW) Live is running at Manchester Central on 23-24 May 2022. Organiser What Else Events has now published an impressive line-up of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)-accredited seminars, all of which are accessible to visitors as part of their free entry to the show.
Practising professionals, companies and organisations from across the industry will join forces at the event to showcase the latest innovations, discuss industry trends and enjoy those educational seminars in addition to vital networking opportunities.
The two-day event promises a packed line-up of industry-leading brands exhibiting on the show floor, along with a wide range of CPD sessions for all delegates presented across two theatres: The SHW Keynote Theatre and The SHW Knowledge Hub.
Safety, Health and Well-Being Live at Manchester Central (and its sister event taking place in Farnborough this September) will be delivered ‘in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)’.
On Day One, the HSE will be hosting the morning sessions in The SHW Keynote Theatre. HSE presentations will focus on subjects including ‘Tackling Respiratory Disease’, ‘Work-Related Stress and its Impact on Mental Health’ and ‘Taking the Risk out of MSD Risk Management’. There will also be an update on the work of the Building Safety Regulator entitled ‘Shaping the Building Safety Regime’.
Other presentations in The SHW Keynote Theatre include:
• ‘Successful Defence of a Health and Safety Prosecution’: Rhian Greaves (DAC Beachcroft)
• ‘It’s not All About the Fall’: Jason Anker MBE
• ‘How to Achieve Optimum Joint Health in an Ever-Increasing Sedentary World’: Sarah Connors (Medical Lead for England Athletics)
• ‘Exploring the Challenges and the Opportunities the Pandemic has Given Us to Promote Health and Well-Being’: Dee Arp (NEBOSH)
IOSH president Louise Hosking will also be presenting in The SHW Keynote Theatre on the second day of the event. Health and Safety-focused professionals can use the great learning opportunities on offer at SHW Live 2022 towards their CPD.
Attendees will be updated on the latest regulatory changes and important developments taking place, all of which are designed to ensure health, safety and well-being in the workplace.
The SHW Knowledge Hub
In The SHW Knowledge Hub, sessions will include the following:
• ‘The Regulation and Management of Asbestos’: Colette Willoughby (National Organisation of Asbestos Consultants)
• ‘Future of Risk Management’: Callum Irvine (IIRSM Council member)
• ‘A Lawyer’s Perspective on the Importance of the Right Tone at the Top of an Organisation’: Kevin Bridges (Pinsent Masons LLP)
• ‘Post-Pandemic Challenges to Health and Well-Being’: Clare Forshaw (Park Health)
• ‘Respiratory Exposure’: Steve Perkins (Strategic Occupational Hygiene and Health Consultancy)
The packed agenda complements numerous networking opportunities for professionals and exhibitors in a relaxed, enjoyable and COVID-secure environment. The full conference programme for both The SHW Keynote Theatre and The SHW Knowledge Hub be found online at https://www.safetyhealthwellbeing.live/sessions-manchester#/seminars/
Featuring product launches, live demonstrations and new technologies, visitors to SHW Live will be able to discover solutions across Health and Safety training, PPE procurement, occupational and environmental monitoring, Health and Safety consultancy and more.
Whether your priority is workplace safety, occupational health or mental health and well-being, SHW Live affords the perfect opportunity to remain up-to-date with the latest legislation while engaging in unrivalled networking and procurement opportunities within the safety, health and well-being industry.
*SHW Live takes place at Manchester Central on 23-24 May 2022. Register for your FREE badge online at www.safetyhealthwellbeing.live/