Comelit watches over Chichester Cathedral
28 August 2019
COMELIT 4 CAMERA wireless CCTV system has been selected on site at the iconic, Grade II listed Chichester Cathedral, to protect the retail area and provide 24 / 7 / 365 high quality monitoring capability and extra peace of mind for staff.
This magnificent Cathedral has stood at the centre of Chichester for over 900 years. With unique architecture from each century of its life, this Cathedral is both ancient and modern, where original medieval features sit alongside world famous contemporary artworks. Any works needed to consider the sensitivities of working in such a historic building.
A representative from Chichester Cathedral commented, “When it came to upgrading CCTV for the retail area, we contacted Envisage Technology Ltd who recommended Comelit’s 4 camera wireless CCTV system. It has proven to be the perfect solution, with the system proving simple to install. Staff now have access to monitors by the till points that also act as a significant visual deterrent. The high-quality images available add extra peace of mind.”
Kevin Brown, managing director Envisage Technology added, “Chichester Cathedral is one of the most prestigious visitor sites in West Sussex. Comelit’s wireless CCTV specification, coming from such a renowned brand, provided the necessary infrastructure to embrace the need for delicate installation, minimising the need to run cables, and still provide the high-quality footage. We can support the ongoing maintenance process to ensue volunteers, customers and staff are kept safe and secure.”
Comelit’s simple four camera wireless CCTV system provides a clear, detailed and well-defined high-resolution image. Installed outside of opening hours to avoid disruption to the retail environment, monitors were positioned directly by the till points, enabling staff to have full visual access of the complete area at all times.
Tim Edmonds, Comeilt CCTV manager concluded, “The retail area, established in such a significant Cathedral is a great example of how Comelit’s wireless CCTV system can be used to protect any environment.
“Working with Envisage, the solution was presented as a simple, yet effective option, installed with absolutely no impact on the surrounding building. The result is a powerful visual deterrent and peace of mind that staff in store, and in back offices can keep an eye on operations quickly and easily, on a 24 / 7 / 365 basis.”
- SIA welcomes two new non-executive directors
- Impact of Coronavirus revealed in latest Crown Prosecution Service performance data
- Natural progression
- Libra data protection concerns raised
- New plans to protect public sector from cyber attacks
- New Chief Inspector of Constabulary for Scotland
- BSI announces appointment of Susan Taylor Martin as new CEO
- SSAIB CEO pledges to support registered firms
- Kentec appoints business development manager to support Ekho Wireless sales
- Companies with poor cyber security could face fines
- Surveillance camera commissioner contract extended
- Dahua signs distribution deal with ADI
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- Feeling Secure
- Smart home
- Playing by the rule - June 2017
- Feeling secure - June 2017
- Entries now open for the Safety and Health Excellence Awards
- Surveillance camera compliance passport launched