NEBOSH introduces new fire safety qualification for practitioners
08 March 2021
HEALTH AND Safety-focused course specialist and qualifications awarding body NEBOSH has just launched a new fire safety qualification which can be completed in just one week. The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety helps learners to develop practical fire safety skills that can be used to protect people, buildings and businesses alike.
The syllabus covers a broad range of topics including the principles of fire and explosion, how to identify fire hazards in the workplace and the controls that can be put in place to reduce risk. Suitable for low-to-practitioners operating in medium risk workplaces, the qualification offers businesses a great way in which to build their in-house fire safety expertise.
Dee Arp, chief operating officer at NEBOSH, explained to Fire Safety Matters: “The qualification’s content and assessment aim to help learners gain practical skills and knowledge. The two-part assessment consists of an open book examination and a fire risk assessment practical. Both give learners the opportunity to put into practice what they’ve learned so that they can immediately make a positive contribution to fire safety in the workplace.”
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety will replace both the current UK and international NEBOSH Certificates in Fire Safety and Risk Management. It can be studied from 1 May 2021 through NEBOSH’s global network of accredited learning partners.
*For more information visit www.nebosh.org.uk/fire
**Watch the promotional video on YouTube
Since NEBOSH’s inception in 1979, over 400,000 people from around the world have gained a qualification with the organisation. Tens of thousands join that number every year, studying with the organisation’s network of 600 course providers in upwards of 132 countries.
NEBOSH qualifications are highly respected by Governments, employers and learners themselves. They build the knowledge and skills which underpin competent performance practising fire safety professionals and are recognised by all of the relevant professional membership bodies.
In 2014, NEBOSH received a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Outstanding Achievement in International Trade in recognition of its international success.
- Defences tested as determined cyber attackers take aim at UK sports sector
- Suffolk PCC abandons plans to control fire and rescue service
- Home Secretary determined to tackle violence and abuse against shop workers
- BSIA’s Cyber Security Product Assurance Group issues Code of Practice for installers
- The Security Event surpasses expectations
- Safety & Health Excellence Awards shortlist revealed
- LFB slams government for fire safety "neglect"
- Duo of Warrington landlords prosecuted in relation to fire safety offences
- Sixty high-rise buildings fail fire risk tests
- Contractor competency needs to be questioned