|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Building protection at Fire Safety Scotland|
Building protection at Fire Safety Scotland
13 September 2018
WHEN CONSIDERING any fire prevention system there are certain considerations you have to make, delegates to the Fire Safety Scotland seminar were told.
Choosing a fire prevention system is no easy task and there is lots of choice, but this needs to depend on what the needs are for that particular installation.
Regional sales director at EMS Mark Todd outlined some of the things that have to be considered:
Maintenance & testing; and
Given that it is expected than some 400 tall buildings are going to be built in London in the next four years, it is imperative that fire prevention is taken seriously.
Todd said, “There was an incident in Scotland early this year where residents of tower blocks refused access for fire safety improvements. 47 of the 4,000 flats owned by the council are not fitted with mains powered smoke detectors because the occupants refused to have them fitted.”
Wireless alarms are increasing in popularity and as Todd said, “a smoke detector is a smoke detector. It provides the same level of protection whether it is wired or not, and there's not much of a cost difference. We have no cables involved so it is quicker to install.”
- Fire and Rescue Authority approves bold plans for future of Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service
- Former England stars team up with Counter Terrorism Policing
- Firefighters make record number of rescues
- Cladding ban to be announced
- Second major fire rips through Dubai's Torch Tower
- Incentive FM vows to support police by joining Community Safety Accreditation Scheme
- Policing situation is 'soul-destroying' for officers, says police chair
- Building contractor and company director fined over fire risk failings
- Businessman jailed for 10 years following deaths in fireworks blaze
- Deep Learning Video Analytics: Can they lessen the pain of false alarms?
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events