|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>ASFP announces October seminar in London|
|Home>||Fire||>Fire Doors||>ASFP announces October seminar in London|
|Home>||Fire||>Legislation||>ASFP announces October seminar in London|
ASFP announces October seminar in London
17 September 2019
THE ASSOCIATION for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) will be holding a CPD seminar in central London on 23 October 2019.
The seminar, at the Aviva Building, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ, aims to improve awareness of passive fire protection and help delegates to understand the vital role of compartmentation in maintaining fire safety in buildings.
Understanding Passive Fire Protection provides an introduction to the types of passive fire protection systems found in buildings and explains the importance of the correct specification, installation and maintenance of all such systems.
The seminar will run from 10am-4.15pm, with a break for lunch. The programme will feature presentations from technical experts from across the fire sector covering all aspects of in-built fire protection, including fire doors and hardware; fire-resistant glazing; fire ducts and dampers; structural fire protection; fire curtains; and firestopping.
The event will also feature guest speakers who will provide updates on the latest fire safety consultations, particularly that on the reform of the Building Safety Regulatory System; and also the publication of Raising the Bar, the report of the Competence Steering Group (CSG), set up in response to concerns over industry competency raised in the Hackitt report on Building Regulations.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to discuss their queries with passive fire protection specialists, including manufacturer and installer members of the ASFP who will be exhibiting at the event.
The seminar is suitable for anyone who is responsible for specifying or inspecting passive fire protection or those appointing trades that could cause damage to existing fire protection in the process of their work. It should particularly appeal to fire risk assessors, duty holders, facilities managers, care home providers, local authorities, building control officers, approved inspectors, insurance surveyors and fire service officers.
For further information or to book, please visit https://asfp.org.uk/cpd-seminar-2019/
Price £45 plus VAT per person, which includes lunch and refreshments.
- Five-way collaboration realises Best Practice guide on firestopping of service penetrations
- Kingspan demonstrates reduced risk
- 3,000 additional officers join police service in wake of Government's recruitment drive
- CTSP Register
- Emergency Services Network demo a success
- Sprinklers could have stopped train station fire
- Security Officers: Towards Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Police Federation slams IPCC’s handling of its complaint
- BSIA appoint Pauline Norstrom as Honorary Member
- Fraudsters pose as NCA officers
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events