Advanced protects priceless artifacts
08 January 2019
JEDBURGH ABBEY, a 12th century Augustinian abbey located on the Scottish Borders, has selected the industry-leading MxPro 5 panel, from Advanced, to protect a rich heritage of treasures on display in its visitor centre.
Founded by David I, King of the Scots, nearly 1000 years ago and famed for itsunusual architecture, Jedburgh Abbey is one of the four great abbeys established in the Scottish Borders. The Abbey’s museum houses some of the famous works of art associated with the early history of the site and some of the artefacts discovered during excavations.
Advanced were specified by the team at SAFE Services who were appointed to design, install and commission the replacement of an ageing fire system within the Abbey visitor centre, gift shop, staff rooms and offices, utilising existing cable runs and containments to avoid exposed wiring.
MxPro is the fire industry’s leading multiprotocol fire system solution. It offers customers a choice of two panel ranges, four detector protocols and a completely open installer network, backed up by free training and support. MxPro panels can be used in single loop, single panel format or easily configured into high speed, multi-loop panels in 200 node networks covering huge areas. MxPro’s legendary ease of installation and configuration and wide peripheral range make it customisable to almost any application.
Advanced has an impressive pedigree in historic and heritage site protection. Notable installations across the globe include World Heritage Sites; Durham Cathedral, Scotland’s most sacred site, Iona Abbey and Istanbul’s Hagia Sophia as well as other landmark buildings such as the Royal Albert Hall and London’s Natural History Museum. To help users, installers and specifiers Advanced has created a brochure outlining some of the solutions available for the unique challenges they face.
For more information, visit www.advancedco.com
Tel: 0845 894 7000
- Fire safety systems from Advanced on show at the NEC
- Advanced showcase Fire Safety Scotland
- High performance realised by Advanced’s EasySafe emergency lighting products
- QuickZone from Advanced scales new fire safety heights at BlocHaus Climbing
- Advanced to present on industry hot topics at The Fire Safety Event
- Extensive range of fire solutions on offer from Advanced at Intersec 2023
- Luxury Greek island resort receives five-star fire protection from Advanced
- Advanced protection for National Rail College
- 360-degree approach to fire protection delivered at Dubai office complex
- Emergency lighting compliance at Leeds General Infirmary delivered by Advanced
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire safety on the agenda in Scotland
- Making history
- World heritage site gets Advanced fire protection
- Outrage at plans to move Avon firefighter memorial
- Advanced fire guidance for heritage sites
- IFSM heritage conference
- Final phases of Glasgow School of Art fire investigation
- Synagogue arsonist sectioned
- Fire safety in historic premises