|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Advanced protection for National Rail College|
Advanced protection for National Rail College
24 September 2018
A KEY driver in the successful delivery of the UK’s £42.6 billion HS2 project, the new National College for High Speed Rail, is now protected by industry-leading fire panels from Advanced.
Located in Doncaster, a town historically known for its prominent role in rail engineering and maintenance, the college occupies 76,000 sq ft of teaching and workshop space, with specialist training installations, including 150 metres of external track and catenary. It will train thousands of engineers to meet HS2’s future needs, as well as those of the wider rail sector. With 2,000 apprenticeship opportunities set to be created by HS2, and 25,000 people employed during construction, there has been, and continues to be high demand for appropriately skilled workers.
The Advanced MxPro panels were specified by the team at GBE Fire and Security, who were appointed by main contractor Briggs and Forrester to specify, install and commission the fire system at the site. MxPro is the fire industry’s leading multiprotocol fire system solution. It offers customers a choice of two panel ranges, four detector protocols and a completely open installer network, backed up by free training and support. MxPro panels can be used in single loop, single panel format or easily configured into high speed, multi-loop panels in 200 node networks covering huge areas. MxPro’s legendary ease of installation and configuration and wide peripheral range make it customisable to almost any application.
MxPro is Advanced’s flagship range of multiprotocol panels, offers customers a choice of two panel ranges, four detector protocols and a completely open installer network that enjoys free training and support.
For more information, visit www.advancedco.com.
- Intelligent fire solutions
- QuickZone from Advanced scales new fire safety heights at BlocHaus Climbing
- High performance realised by Advanced’s EasySafe emergency lighting products
- BAFE focus on Third Party Certification
- World heritage site gets Advanced fire protection
- Historic Eyemouth venue selects Advanced panels
- Making history
- Pocket guide from Advanced makes light work of meeting BS 5266-1
- Cardiff apartments comply with BS 8629 thanks to installation of EvacGo
- The great escape
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events