Home >House fire caused by tumble dryer
House fire caused by tumble dryer
03 December 2019
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to take care with electrical goods following a serious fire in Swinscoe on 28th November.
Crews were called to a home on Marten Hill at 7.50pm and appliances from Leek, Cheadle and Ashbourne attended. Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reel jets to tackle the blaze.
One male casualty in his fifties was treated on-scene by the ambulance service for burns to his hand after attempting to tackle the fire himself.
The fire was believed to have started in a tumble dryer.
Station manager James Green said: “This incident serves as a reminder as to the dangers of attempting to tackle a fire yourself. Always get out, stay out and call the fire and rescue service. Thankfully the man’s injuries are not believed to be serious and he should make a full recovery.
“We would also urge the public to ensure all their appliances are registered with the manufacturer and tested regularly.”
- Fire Safety Matters Podcast - Episode 4
- Cifas enters partnership with leading data science specialist Mango Solutions
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection to host Active Fire Curtains webinar
- Award created in memory of Fife fire officer
- Kyocera awarded ISO 27001 accreditation for commitment to data security
- Government pledges extra £50million to battle cyber crime
- ONR serves fire safety Enforcement Notice on Sellafield Ltd
- FIA and BAFE call for focus on fire safety competency
- Shillito set to be next deputy chief at Humberside FRS
- Record £7.8 million fine in money laundering crackdown
- No related articles listed