|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Hochiki Europe launches new generation of hybrid wireless fire detection systems under Ekho branding|
Hochiki Europe launches new generation of hybrid wireless fire detection systems under Ekho branding
11 December 2020
LIFE SAFETY solutions manufacturer Hochiki Europe has launched a new range of hybrid wireless fire detection and alarm systems. The Ekho product range is EN54-25 approved and RED compliant and “takes hybrid wireless fire detection to new levels” of reliability, flexibility and performance.
Using the latest in radio networking technology, the Ekho hybrid wireless system provides a robust ‘always on’ network of devices which can automatically adapt to changing environmental conditions, thereby offering installers “an unparalleled level of reliability”.
Unlike other systems, Ekho’s wireless devices are not tied to specific expanders. Instead, each device instinctively chooses its parent expander based on the strength of the signal pathway back to the translator, with expanders automatically forming a bi-directional mesh network for delivering information to the main control panel.
If an expander’s signal is compromised, the wireless field device will automatically find and connect to an alternative expander with the next strongest signal pathway, in turn providing end users with enhanced safety benefits.
The range is extremely versatile, offering a selection of wireless sensor types, as well as I/O units, a sounder, a sensor/voice sounder/VAD and a manual Call Point. Simplified design ensures that products in the Ekho Series are easy to install. The faster commissioning process, which can be carried out off-site, saves installers time on projects.
Using hybrid wireless systems negates the need to install cables. This guarantees the minimum disturbance to surroundings during the installation process. This renders Ekho the ideal choice for historic buildings, remote or temporary sites and, indeed, any project where the installation of fire cabling is too difficult, overly expensive or otherwise prohibited.
Mark Jones, export manager at Hochiki Europe, informed Fire Safety Matters: “The digital age has affected every part of our lives and life safety is no exception. Our Ekho product range offers wireless solutions for a range of what can be complex project challenges. As is the case with all Hochiki Europe products, the range is intelligent and ultra-dependable, offering end users a future-proofed life safety system.”
- Hochiki Italia devises bespoke emergency evacuation regime for Campeggio del Garda
- Hochiki Europe announces £5.5 million investment in new Kent facility
- Hochiki Europe protects students from false alarms
- Hochiki emergency lighting standard webinar
- New emergency lighting business manager
- Sudan cement-making factory benefits from bespoke fire protection regime
- “Fresh focus” heralded for Hochiki Europe exports and partners
- Italy, India and Middle East teams strengthened by Hochiki
- New Hochiki training facility opened in Gillingham
- Best Practice for Warehouse Fire Safety Strategies
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events