United Technologies to divide into three
27 November 2018
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES Corp. has announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins and the company's intention to separate its commercial businesses, Otis and Carrier (formerly CCS), into independent entities.
The separation, which does not mention what will happen to Chubb, will result in three global, industry-leading companies:
United Technologies, comprised of Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney, will be the preeminent systems supplier to the aerospace and defense industry; Collins Aerospace was formed through the combination of UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins;
Otis, the world's leading manufacturer of elevators, escalators and moving walkways; and
Carrier, a global provider of HVAC, refrigeration, building automation, fire safety and security products with leadership positions across its portfolio.
"Our decision to separate United Technologies is a pivotal moment in our history and will best position each independent company to drive sustained growth, lead its industry in innovation and customer focus, and maximise value creation," said United Technologies chairman and chief executive officer Gregory Hayes.
"Our products make modern life possible for billions of people. I'm confident that each company will continue our proud history of performance, excellence and innovation while building an even brighter future. As standalone companies, United Technologies, Otis and Carrier will be ready to solve our customers' biggest challenges, provide rewarding career opportunities, and contribute positively to communities around the world."
- Fire Service offers training to spot vulnerable people
- Building owner pleads guilty to series of fire safety failings
- Advances in aviation security set to go on trial
- Bradford Council proposes to ban fires on moorland
- Fly-tipping costing security industry thousands
- Episode 2 of fortnightly Security Matters industry podcast now live to view
- Entries open for inaugural Fire and Security Matters Awards
- Intelligent Keys: Unlocking Security and Efficiency Improvements in the Leisure Sector
- De-Mystifying the Use of AI in the Professional Security Domain
- Everbridge unveils COVID-19 ‘Return to Work’ software solution