|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Historic Eyemouth venue selects Advanced panels|
Historic Eyemouth venue selects Advanced panels
26 July 2017
AN INTELLIGENT fire system from Advanced has been chosen to protect The Hippodrome arts centre, a newly opened community hub housed in an historic listed building in Eyemouth.
Opened in 2016 and managed by a community interest company, The Hippodrome provides as a much-needed arts centre and performance space for the local community. The landmark 1830s building was originally a granary and went through various uses, most recently as a Fisherman’s Mission, before closing in 2012.
The installation of the new fire system was undertaken by the team at long-time Advanced partner Safe Services Ltd, who specified the latest MxPro 5 fire panel from Advanced. The MxPro 5 range is the leading multiprotocol choice, offering world-beating quality, reliability and flexibility.
The MxPro 5 panel installed at the Eyemouth Hippodrome is a single loop system that covers the entire ground floor and roof space of the building, which stages music, theatre and other performances, together with art courses and workshops. A pop-up cafe in the building, which was nicknamed ‘The Hippodrome’ by the fishermen who used to socialise there, offers a meeting and event space for visitors and the local community.
Ian Tod, owner of the Eyemouth Hippodrome, commented: “As well as a tourist attraction, the Hippodrome is an important venue that locals use year-round, so it’s essential that we have a reliable and effective fire system that’s adaptable for future expansion or upgrades. When we discussed the options with Graeme and his team, MxPro seemed the ideal solution.”
MxPro offers customers a choice of two panel ranges, four detector protocols and a completely open installer network, backed up by free training and support. MxPro panels can be used in single loop, single panel format or easily configured into high speed, multi-loop panels in 200 node networks covering huge areas. MxPro’s legendary ease of installation and configuration and wide peripheral range make it customisable to almost any application.
Advanced Sales Manager for the North Neil Parkin said: “Our MxPro range leads the multiprotocol market and offers the performance, reliability and flexibility needed by a site such as the Eyemouth Hippodrome. The installation demonstrates how MxPro panels are adaptable to all types of building, regardless of scale or purpose.”
The MxPro 5 system is fully compliant with relevant EN54 Parts 2, 4 and 13, and is backed up with Advanced’s renowned customer care and technical support. More details can be found on the website at www.advancedco.com.
- Advanced fire panels selected for site-wide system upgrade at major UK hospital
- Advanced to present on industry hot topics at The Fire Safety Event
- Passenger safety at London Bridge Station
- Pocket guide from Advanced makes light work of meeting BS 5266-1
- Advanced to showcase latest innovations
- High performance realised by Advanced’s EasySafe emergency lighting products
- Advanced brought in to upgrade fire safety systems at Imperial College London
- Building hope
- Canary Wharf office complex upgraded to encompass Advanced protection
- Time to evacuate
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events