|Home>||Fire||>Alarms and Detection||>Advanced Protects World’s Longest Sea Crossing|
Advanced Protects World’s Longest Sea Crossing
16 November 2019
ADVANCED HAS been selected to protect the $18.8billion Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge – the longest open-sea fixed link on earth.
A network of 31 ExGo gas extinguishant control panels have been installed as part of the active fire protection for one of South East Asia’s most ambitious infrastructure projects to date.
The Advanced network protects the artificial island gateway in Hong Kong that serves as an entry and exit point to the new 34-mile bridge-tunnel system, used by over a 10 million passengers in its first eight months.
The ExGo panels were selected to protect critical server rooms in more than 10 different buildings on the purpose-built island, including police and fire stations as well as customs and different administrative buildings. Each gas extinguishant control panel is connected to at least one remote status indicator unit located at the protected area entryway. Each extinguishing system was designed, configured and commissioned by Peak Trade International Limited.
Alan Wong, Sales Director at Peak Trade International Limited, said: “To protect such critical infrastructure, we knew we required a gas and suppression control system that was both cutting-edge in its capabilities and also highly reliable and adaptable for the future. ExGo panels have a proven track record in complex installations of this type and we had no hesitation in recommending them.”
Constructed using around 420,000 tonnes of steel - enough to build 60 Eiffel Towers - the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge has been designed to last for the next 120 years, and is set to deliver significant economic advantages to the region.
Thanh Tin, Regional Sales and Business Development Manager for Advanced, said: “Advanced panels are trusted to protect transport and infrastructure projects around the globe. As the world’s longest sea crossing, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau bridge is a fantastic example of this.
“Equipment that offers the highest levels of protection and reliability is essential for providing complete peace of mind to the client, combined with the flexibility to easily expand and upgrade the system in future.”
ExGo has been developed specifically for sensitive and strategic assets such as server rooms and data centres, control rooms, as well as historic and cultural attractions. It is suitable for almost all single-flooding area applications and includes a range of control options and devices. It is approved to EN54 parts 2, 4 and 13 as well as EN12094-1 and is among the first systems to combine these with EN12094 in a single solution. (EN12094-3 relates to the integrated manual release on the front of the panel). ExGo can be integrated into Advanced’s Axis EN fire system or any third-party alarm system.
More details can be found at www.advancedco.com
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Chemical plant selects multiprotocol panels
- Historic Eyemouth venue selects Advanced panels
- Advanced brought in to upgrade fire safety systems at Imperial College London
- Advanced to tackle the challenge of networking
- Specialist fire protection systems developer Advanced appoints new sales director
- Fire safety systems from Advanced on show at the NEC
- Advanced to present on industry hot topics at The Fire Safety Event
- Making history
- Advanced set to offer fire safety guidance at UK Construction Week
- Protecting our past
- Patol aspirating systems protecting your food
- From the editor
- Fire safety returns home to NEC Birmingham
- Building hope
- Blog for FSM website
- Advanced protects National Theatre
- Fire Safety Event 2017 - Live Coverage
- Advances in false-alarm management
- C-TEC rolling out CPD training events