|Home>||Security||>IT Security||>Mitie acquires Vision Security for £14m|
|Home>||Security||>Physical Security||>Mitie acquires Vision Security for £14m|
Mitie acquires Vision Security for £14m
08 October 2018
MITIE HAS agreed to acquire Vision Security Group Limited (VSG) from Compass Group PLC for £14 million in cash and will create the largest intelligence and technology-enabled security business in the UK.
VSG is a leading security services provider offering integrated security systems, manned guarding and key holding services, with a team of approximately 6,000 employees servicing more than 1,400 guarding locations and over 5,000 systems locations across the UK and Ireland.
The acquisition of VSG further strengthens the position of Mitie’s Total Security Management business (“MitieTSM”) as one of the leading providers of integrated and risk-based security services in the UK. In particular, the combination will offer opportunities to accelerate the growth of Mitie’s premium technology-enabled and intelligence-led security solutions.
The consideration of £14 million (on a debt free, cash free basis) will be paid in cash at completion, subject to any adjustment for final completion accounts, and will be funded through Mitie’s own cash resources.
VSG reported revenue of £192.1 million and losses before tax of £2.7 million in its statutory accounts for the year ended 30 September 2017. At that date, VSG had gross assets with a value of £42.4 million. Although final accounts have not yet been closed, it is expected that VSG will report modest profitability for the financial year ending 30 September 2018.
Chief executive at Mitie Phil Bentley said, "As a core part of Mitie, our security business has delivered a strong performance over the last three years, with sales growing by over 30%.
"This acquisition gives us the leadership position we seek to maximise value from our technology-led solutions."
- Four Years On From The Grenfell Tower Fire: The ASFP’s Perspectives
- Cambrigeshire fire stations to take blood donations
- FIA unveils training course on latest revision of BS 5839-9
- Security solutions provider Sodexo signs COVID-19 Business Pledge
- Service leads on road safety campaign
- Home Secretary to introduce Kay’s Law in bid to better protect victims of crime
- Officers set to use body-worn cameras
- FIA Awarding Organisation launches Level 3 qualification focused on BS 5839-6
- Scottish government helps make homes safer
- Updated: Fire destroys Eastbourne hotel
- From the editor
- Blog for FSM website
- Information Commissioner makes key appointments
- BSIA forges closer American links ahead of Brexit
- Fire and Security Association names new chair
- Government wants mergers regime update to protect national security
- Chain wrestling
- Intersec 2018 preview
- Leading brands supporting new Security Event at NEC
- Leading security companies support launch of new security event at the NEC