JOB VACANCY - Chartered/Senior Fire Engineer - Bailey Partnership (Consultants) LLP
18 January 2021
BAILEY PARTNERSHIP (Consultants) LLP has an exciting opportunity for a chartered/senior fire engineer to take the next step in their career by joining the business and leading its fire engineering team.
Bailey Partnership (Consultants) Ltd provides architecture, building services engineering, building surveying, interior design, project management, quantity surveying, town planning, urban design, structural and civil engineering and principal designer services from its offices in Sevenoaks, Bristol, Exeter, St Austell and Plymouth. With a strong desire to bring fire engineering into its multidisciplinary offer, the company is now actively looking for a motivated individual to lead a team and expand its capabilities.
The successful candidate will be required to work well in a team environment and have the potential to manage a team of engineers. The candidate will be relied upon to help promote the practice and continue to develop and maintain client relationships. Limited travel will be expected in order to fulfil the requirements of the role and the diverse range of work involved.
Bailey Partnership (Consultants) Ltd is looking to form a team around the successful candidate who would be involved in the recruitment process to build its fire engineering capability. Current fire engineering commissions include fire engineering reports on design projects for the architectural and building services engineering team and working with the building surveying team undertaking EWS-1 Form surveys.
The ideal candidate should be based in the South of England. Working from home is encouraged, although it would be desirable for the successful individual to be within commuting distance from one of the company's offices to ensure they feel part of the Bailey Partnership (Consultants) Ltd team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role and be committed to delivering customer service excellence supported by good commercial results. They will be passionate about fire safety and strive to provide the highest quality work and outcome on every commission.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills, research and report writing abilities and good knowledge of the fire regulations
- Able to work as part of a team and lead a team, checking and authorising fire engineering work
- A track record of working with teams, prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- Ability to successfully lead on and manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong track record in the management of projects from inception to completion
- Client-facing and always ensuring high standards of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term working relationships
- Excellent administration skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Google software
- Hold a full and clean UK driving licence plus their own vehicle
Key Benefits Summary
- Competitive Salary
- Potential to progress quickly within the practice
- Payment of relevant professional subscription memberships
- Private healthcare
- Up to 27 days of holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays with the option of holiday buying or selling
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Enhanced family-friendly benefits
Bailey Partnership (Consultants) LLP is an equal opportunities employer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing consultancy and play a key part in its growth. If you are a self-motivated and ambitious individual, the Bailey Partnership would love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply
Telephone: 01752 229259